[hobbit] multiple network testers

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun May 21 08:53:11 CEST 2006

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 08:26:43AM +0200, Peter Welter wrote:

> Currently I find it difficult to solve the problem that I have with
> one Hobbit-Server (HS) that tests my entire network, but... there are
> some firewall setups that prevent me from testing the ssh- or
> oratns-specific stuff.
>
> I do have Another Host (let's say AH; now just running  a Hobbit
> client) that can run the ssh and oratns test.
>
> Is it possbile to have this host, AH, test these specific ssh- and
> oratns-tests and put the result back to my one and only Hobbit server
> so it show up on one display?

You can have as many hosts doing network tests as you like; as long as
they report to the same Hobbit server, the results will be merged
together.

I'm not sure if your setup is such that you can perform all network tests
for a given host from one Hobbit network test-system, or if you must
split the testing so that "conn" tests run from one host, and "oratns"
tests run from another.

If it's the first, then you can use the "NET:..." tags in the bb-hosts
file to split the network tests between the two Hobbit systems. If it's
the latter, then you will have to hand-craft a specific bb-hosts file
for the AH system with just the ssh- and oratns-tests.