[hobbit] Skinning BB

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue May 16 12:32:18 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 07:43:39AM +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 01:58:15PM +1200, Alun Watson wrote:
> > Our helpdesk uses the All Non-green web page a lot and are only interested
> > in the errors and have problems when they have to scroll up and down the
> > page to figure out which column is which.
>
> OK, I understand now. But perhaps it is simpler to "play" with the
> layout via a simple shell-script (not that I recommend doing shell
> scripts for performance critical stuff - far from) to get the
> design/layout right it is a useful prototype.

Thinking about this a bit more, it occurred to me that the current
"hobbit-statusreport" CGI could easily be tweaked to support this.
If you grab the latest snapshot, build it and copy the
web/hobbit-statusreport.cgi file to your ~hobbit/server/bin/ directory.
Then create this wrapper in your Hobbit cgi-bin directory:

#!/bin/sh

. /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitcgi.cfg
exec /usr/lib/hobbit/server/bin/hobbit-statusreport.cgi \
          --filter="color=red,yellow" --all \
	  --heading="All non-green systems" \
	  --show-column \
	  --show-summary \
	  --link

Running this CGI script will produce a text-only report of the
current non-green statuses. The "--show-summary" option causes
the report to have just a stripped-down summary of the current status,
if you want the full status text just remove that option.