[hobbit] Skinning BB

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun May 14 22:16:55 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 05:10:27PM +1200, Alun Watson wrote:
>         This might be heresy but has anyone changed Hobbit so the web page
> layout is different?

I'm sure someone has modified it to fit in with their local setups.

> Perhaps one that uses less graphics ... replace current and recently changed
> gifs with html text etc.

"less graphics" ??? The entire "gifs" directory in Hobbit is a whopping
141 KB of data. This is very little by any current web-standard. So if
you want to get rid of all the graphics, you have something else in
mind.

> Is there an easy way to change this by changing templates or do I have to
> hack the C code to modify how the client data in the pages are displayed?

For a complete elimination of the graphics, you will need to hack the C
code - specifically, bbdisplay/pagegen.c and lib/*log.c . And the
templates.