[hobbit] fping failure

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri May 5 17:34:22 CEST 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 09:32:15AM -0500, Jeff Newman wrote:
> Nope, lots of disk space:
>
> # df -k .
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/cciss/c0d0p2     69922596   5430680  60229552   9% /

How about inodes ? "df -i"

> It almost looks like maybe something had a lock on the file
> preventing something from reading it?

No, something prevented us from creating it.

> Would the new "hobbitping" work better? How do I get that?

This is before fping/hobbitping gets to run, so I don't think it will
make any difference. Still, if you want to try it out just grab the
latest snapshot and build it. Then you can copy the bbnet/hobbitping
binary to your Hobbit server/bin/ directory - make sure it is suid-root.
And change your FPING setting to point at "$BBHOME/bin/hobbitping"