[hobbit] netstat graph on redhat es release 3 and hpux 11.00

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed May 3 16:17:56 CEST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 01:11:14PM +0200, Marco Avvisano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have problem on graph netstat0 (network I/O bits second)on my lunux box: all the values are 'nan'.
> It's used the ifconfig output to create this graph?

No, it uses the "netstat -s" output. Linux doesn't do byte-counts for
the TCP/IP statistics, only on the entire network interface. So the
"netstat0" graph is not valid on Linux.

In Hobbit 4.2, you will have an "ifstat" graph tracking the number of
bits passing through your network interface.

> On my hpux box :
> on netstat1 graph the values UDP In/Out Datagrams are 'nan'

What does your "netstat -s" output look like ? I have a pattern matching
for this where Hobbit looks for a "datagrams received" and "datagrams
output" line.

> on netstat2 graph the values TCP Failed Attemps and TCP Established Reset are 'nan'
> on netstat3 graph the value TCP Established Connections is 'nan'
AFAIK, these counters are not reported by HP-UX.