deleting history of a test

Stephane Caminade stephane.caminade at ias.u-psud.fr
Thu Mar 30 10:09:02 CEST 2006

Hi,

I had added a test that after some thinking was not reaally needed.
I decided to delete it, and its history.
I looked at tips and tricks, and tried to run '~/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1
"drop HOSTNAME dns" ', which did not work apparently.
So I went into the ~/data directory, and deleted in hist, histlogs and
logs all the data concerning this test.
However, on the main page, I still had the test, which was no longer
updated, but still existed.

It took me some time to find that in ~/server/tmp/ there is a file named
hobbitd.chk which does not disappear when you stop/start hobbit.
Deleting this file apparently forced hobbit to recreate it, and this
time my deleted test had disappeared.

Is that the expected behaviour ?

Regards, and keep up the great work you re doing on Hobbit.

Stephane

Stephane Caminade
Administrateur Systèmes et Réseau
                                   \  <Stephane.Caminade at medoc-ias.u-psud.fr>
Institut d'Astrophysique Spatiale  /  tel : (33) (1) 69 85 87 03
Batiment 121, Universite Paris XI  \  fax : (33) (1) 69 85 86 75
F-91405 ORSAY Cedex                /  www : http://www.medoc-ias.u-psud.fr/