Remove purple without dropping host

Rolf Schrittenlocher Schrittenlocher at rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue Mar 28 08:36:13 CEST 2006

Hi all,

our servers are reporting to hobbit using virtual hostnames. For some
reasons not all names report all the time. So once a host is not sending
information, hobbit turns this test or host to "purple". Up to now I
always dropped the host/test then, but so all historical information
gets lost. Normal disable is no option as we nether know how long a
hostname want be used (it may be a long time). Is there a way of
turnijng of purple/disabling a host permanently without loosing its data?

Thanks
Rolf

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel: (49) 69 - 798 28908   Fax: (49) 69 - 798 28817
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de
Persoenlich: schritte at rz.uni-frankfurt.de