[hobbit] RE: [SOLVED][hobbit] sshd notification in syslog

McGraw, Robert P. rmcgraw at purdue.edu
Thu Mar 2 20:19:12 CET 2006

I am having the same problem and trying to follow your instructions.

I ran

 ##R##-zorn->[227] ##> ssh -V

Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f

To get the version number.

I also ran telnet host 22 and got back the following

SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.0.1

I have tried the following

SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.0.1

Sun_SSH_1.1

Sun_SSH_1.1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f

as the version number with no luck.

I keep getting the following message log.

Mar  2 14:03:47 zada.math.purdue.edu sshd[29349]: [ID 800047 auth.info] Bad
protocol version identification 'Sun_SSH_1.1

Mar  2 14:03:47 zada.math.purdue.edu ' from 128.210.3.176

The only change in the log message is the version identification string.

How do I find the right version number to use?

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.

Manager, Computer System                                         EMAIL:
rmcgraw at purdue.edu

Purdue University
ROOM: MATH-807

Department of Mathematics                                        PHONE:
(765) 494-6055

150 N. University Street
FAX: (419) 821-0540

West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067