[hobbit] Task bbnet terminated by signal 6

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jun 27 14:31:08 CEST 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 at 02:25:43PM -0400, Lee J. Imber wrote:

> OK, added the --no-ares and still no luck. Signal 6 within a few
> seconds after I start hobbit.

Do you have any "dns" or "dig" tests in your bb-hosts file ? Hobbit will
use ARES for those, even though you did add the --no-ares option.

Running "bbcmd bbtest-net --debug" will give some more clue about what
it does when it crashes. Just the last screenful of output.

> So, I tried to rebuild from scratch. New user and latest version
> hobbit-4.2-beta-20060605.
>
> On OpenBSD 3.2 during the gmake install I get the following error at
> the end.
> chgrp  /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbit-nkview.cfg /home/hobbit/server/
> etc/hobbit-nkview.cfg.bak
> chgrp: /home/hobbit/server/etc/hobbit-nkview.cfg: invalid group name
> gmake[1]: *** [install-cfg] Error 1

I think you hit <enter> in response to the
   What group-ID does your webserver use ?
question during ./configure. Check the Makefile and see what the
"HTTPDGID" setting is.

I have another report that an upgrade of the C-ARES library fixed
crashes in bbtest-net. So that is what I'd like you to try next:

* Grab the file http://www.hswn.dk/~henrik/c-ares-cvs.20060621.tar.gz
  and save it in the bbnet/ directory in your Hobbit source tree.
* Do an "rm -rf bbnet/c-ares/; make clean"
* Change build/Makefile.rules - the line with
    ARESVER = 1.2.1
  should be
    ARESVER = cvs.20060621
* Rebuild with "make; make install"