[hobbit] problem compiling HP-UX 11.11 using gcc

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 26 14:41:08 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 09:30:36AM -0700, Mike Arnold wrote:
> It looks like this is still an issue, even with the allinone.patch of 14
> June applied to the 4.2 beta.  Henrik, any ideas on what may be causing
> this and how to fix?

> -I/usr/include  -I/usr/local/include -c -o bbtest-net.o bbtest-net.c
> bbtest-net.c: In function 'send_rpcinfo_results':
> bbtest-net.c:1794: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> bbtest-net.c:1801: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> bbtest-net.c:1813: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> bbtest-net.c:1818: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
> gmake[1]: *** [bbtest-net.o] Error 1

Looks like your HP-UX compiler cannot find the definition of the
RPC service entry structure "rpcent". This is usually defined in either
the <netdb.h> or <rpc/netdb.h> file.

What's in your include/config.h file ? There should be a line with
either "#define HAVE_RPCENT_H" or "#undef HAVE_RPCENT_H".

Is there a file /usr/include/netdb.h on your system ? How about
/usr/include/rpc/netdb.h ?

(Why must HP-UX have all the standard definitions in non-standard
 places ? Sigh ...)