[hobbit] PLEASE HELP: PAGE not sending alerts

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Jun 24 00:02:09 CEST 2006

Hi Jeff,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 02:36:22PM -0700, Williams, Jeffrey wrote:
> Maybe I am miss understanding the way this should work.

I don't think so. With your original bb-hosts file, it was very easy to
reproduce the problem. It's a bug in how Hobbit loads the bb-hosts file.

The problem is with the way you've defined your "page" and "subpage"
entries in the bb-hosts file. You're using TAB's instead of simple
spaces - with that, Hobbit fails to detect your page/subpage settings.
So all hosts end up on the top-level page, at least as far as the
PAGE settings in hobbit-alerts.cfg goes.

The quick fix is to simply replace all of the TAB characters in your
bb-hosts file with simple spaces. I'll get a proper fix into the
next version of Hobbit.