[hobbit] Using post to test user login

Ralph Mitchell ralphmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 17:11:46 CEST 2006

OK, I'll see about working up a relatively generic script tonight.  As I
recall it works something like:

   curl -s -S -L -o home.html http://somesite.domain.com
   FORM=`cat home.html | formextract.pl | sed -e 'some stuff'`
   curl -s -S -L -o page.html $FORM

That's *very* simplistic, though.  'formextract.pl' is a hack on '
formfind.pl' which comes with curl.  It extracts form variables from a page
and returns a string suitable for passing back to curl.  The 'sed' part is
usually a bunch of substitutions to insert the userid and password.

Ralph Mitchell