[hobbit] pop3 test question

Dan Vande More bigdan at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 15:59:13 CEST 2006

There normally is no real error in this situation. It just means the
tcp connection to the port didn't respond in an acceptable amount of
time. Whether there is not enough bandwidth, disk i/o, or processor
time on the pop server (or hobbit server for that matter) at that time
is the question. During heavy times, 1 or 2 of my load balanced 6 pop
servers do this (Not to mention the smtp and imap services). It could
also be because a reverse dns lookup is taking some time.

Since the seconds is exactly "3.00", I'd guess that one of your
timeouts is set at 3.00 seconds.