Using post to test user login

Maschino, Shawn (GE Indust, Plastics) Shawn.Maschino at ge.com
Wed Jun 21 17:48:44 CEST 2006

            Hi all - I ran into a challenge and was wondering if anyone
else had seen it and found a workaround.  I'd like to use the "post"
function of the HTTP test to verify a web page that does user
authentication for an application.  The way the login works is:

-          User enters login details on a web form

-          The user is sent to a "middle" page while authentication is
done

-          If authentication is successful they are redirected into the
web application, otherwise they redirect to an error page

When using the post check I can only get to that middle page, which
doesn't tell me if authentication was correct or not.  The reason for
the middle page is that this web site is using SSO authentication
against an external LDAP system.  We'd need to be able to get to the
page that the redirect pushes to.  Does anyone know if there is a way
around this?  My first impressions would be no, but I thought it
wouldn't hurt (too much!) to ask.

Thanks!

Shawn