[hobbit] hobbitd_client crashing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Jun 17 00:19:40 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 10:29:05AM -0400, Michael Nemeth wrote:
> Ok the --debug  help me locate the problem.  A sol  5.6 client was
> causing it .
> After shutting this client on and off a couple of time to verify it,
> I rolled back to a june 8 build and its fine!

Could you mail me a copy of the ~hobbit/client/tmp/msg.*.txt file from
one of those Solaris 5.6 systems ? Or is it one of the secret servers?

> Question can I just tar up the client on the server and use it on other
> sol 5.9 systems and any changes need to be made after untarring?

Yes, the client should be copy-able across clients, as long as they
report to the same Hobbit server. If not, you'll have to change the
server-IP setting in hobbitclient.cfg.

> Also  is there a way that clients can id themselves on the web page?

Not sure what you mean with this.