[hobbit] hobbitd_client crashing

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jun 15 22:16:30 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:09:59AM -0400, Michael Nemeth wrote:
> Problem! this is a classified system.

Ouch - I see.

> Well I ran our very old gdb
> (gdb hobbitd_client ../tmp/core )
>
> it says stopped at  line 1497
>
> for (argi = 1; (argi < argc); argi++) {

Hmm - that doesn't really make sense. I can see that's from the
very beginning of the program when it goes through the commandline
arguments; this cannot be the location where it crashes after
running for a while.

So either your gdb is broken, or the hobbitd_client binary doesn't match
the source files you've got.

The gdb backtrace ("bt" command) still would help, because it would at
least give me the call-chain of where it crashes. I'm perfectly happy
with just the names of the program-functions and the linenumbers; you
can edit out all of the private data-strings.