[hobbit] Status of the beta test

frederic mangeant frederic.mangeant at steria.com
Tue Jun 13 10:15:52 CEST 2006

Hi Henrik

---- Messages d´origine ----
De: henrik at hswn.dk (Henrik Stoerner)
Date: lundi, juin 12, 2006 11:54 pm
Objet: [hobbit] Status of the beta test

[...]

> So my plan currently is to send out a release candidate by the end of
> this week; by then I'll have to make up my mind about hobbitping. So
> do let me know if you see any weird behaviour with hobbitping, with
> thecurrent patch applied.
>
> The release candidate testing will then take place next week, and the
> final release is tentatively scheduled for June 25th.
>
> So I think I'll make it for the Summer holidays.

The only things that I can't make to work are some tests with the client
configured in local mode (running with the "--local" flag).

I'm using this in etc/localclient.cfg :

DEFAULT
        # These are the built-in defaults.
        UP      1h
        LOAD    5.0 10.0
        CLOCK   300
        DISK    * 90 95
        MEMPHYS 100 101
        MEMSWAP 50 80
        MEMACT  90 97
        PROC    "/sbin/udevd --daemon"
        PROC    httpd 1 -1 yellow
        PORT    "LOCAL=%([.:]631)$" state=LISTEN TEXT=ipp
        PORT    "LOCAL=%([.:]80)$" state=LISTEN TEXT=http
        DIR     /home/frederic/client yellow SIZE<10
        FILE    /home/frederic/client/logs/clientlaunch.log red SIZE<2
        LOG     /home/frederic/client/logs/clientlaunch.log WARNING
COLOR=yellow

Everything works but the DIR, FILE and LOG tests. I'm getting "No files
checked" and "The client did not report any logfile data". No errors in
the logs.

Server is running Gentoo, and client is running Ubuntu 6.06 (both with
the latest snapshot).

Thanks in advance for your help, as the locally configured client is
quite important for me :-)