[hobbit] hobbitping problem.

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 12 15:05:23 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 08:25:19AM -0400, Michael Nemeth wrote:
> With the  12-Jun-2006  snapshot  I'm still get conn errors  there are no
> error messages in bb-network.log.
>
> However Im wondering if there is now  differwnt problem,  Im ONLY
> getting waves of ping failures/recovered on the first
> two (three IPs)  hosts ; the first being the hobbit server it self!
> Doing this  for 5 minute  cycle.

It's a different problem. I have made some changes to hobbitping to make
it behave a bit more like fping, and it has helped. But I also see this
phenomenon where a few hosts are constantly "flapping" between red and
green.

If I cannot figure out what the problem is in a day or two, I will
probably change the installation so fping will be the default ping
tool, instead of hobbitping.