[hobbit] enhancement request?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jun 12 07:45:11 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 02:10:48AM +0000, David Gore wrote:

> trigger %INFO.*shot|ERROR.*OutOfMemoryError
>
> So my enhancement request would be to include the PCRE calls in the
> client?  Is that possible, statically link to the PCRE libraries and
> remove the need to install PCRE on hosts you would like to use it?  I am
> sure I am not the only one who cannot install PCRE on the some or all
> the client hosts.  Or perhaps my trigger command should work and I have
> done something wrong?

Your trigger command should work - but do remove the '%' sign first.

The "trigger" and "ignore" strings are always processed as regular
expressions, using whatever regex library your system has installed.
I haven't made it depend on the PCRE library, because - as you said -
it is not possible to install the PCRE libs on all hosts.