[hobbit] enhancement request?

David Gore David.Gore at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Jun 12 04:10:48 CEST 2006

Hello,

It looks to us like this fails, or at least we cannot get it to work in
regards to log file monitoring:

trigger %INFO.*shot|ERROR.*OutOfMemoryError

We do see the whole string get sent to the client from the server.  I
was thinking the reason it doesn't work is because it is a server
dependent client and has no PCRE libraries (client), so perhaps regular
expressions in client-local.cfg although allowed will not work unless
you have the PCRE libraries on the client host.

So my enhancement request would be to include the PCRE calls in the
client?  Is that possible, statically link to the PCRE libraries and
remove the need to install PCRE on hosts you would like to use it?  I am
sure I am not the only one who cannot install PCRE on the some or all
the client hosts.  Or perhaps my trigger command should work and I have
done something wrong?

--
David