[hobbit] no graph shown

Frauke Scholz fscholz at csc.com
Fri Jun 9 12:16:11 CEST 2006

Hi Henrik,

I have set it, because there was a problem before.
Any other idea?

regards
Frauke Scholz

CSC (Germany) Ltd.; MDS (Managed Desktop Services) Web & Middleware
Engineering
Wolfenbütteler Str. 86/Obergstr. 5
38102 Braunschweig
Germany
Phone: +49.5172.129279 or +49.531.224.1086
e-Mail: fscholz at csc.com
Internet: http://www.de.csc.com

Experience Results. Experience CSC.

Please note that this e-mail, including any attachments, contains
information that is subject to United States laws and regulations. The use
or further dissemination of these materials or information therein may be
prohibited by United States law.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             henrik at hswn.dk
             (Henrik Stoerner)
             09.06.2006 11:59          hobbit at hswn.dk
                                                                        cc

              hobbit at hswn.dk           Re: [hobbit] no graph shown

On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 11:37:49AM +0200, Frauke Scholz wrote:
> If that appears to be all-right, I suspect that it might be some
> RRDtool library problem. What happens if you run this on the
> Hobbit server:
>
>    REQUEST_METHOD="GET" \

QUERY_STRING="host=YOUR.HOBBITSERVER.HOSTNAME&service=bbgen&graph=hourly&action=view"

>  \
>    SCRIPT_NAME="hobbitgraph.sh" \
>    ~hobbit/cgi-bin/hobbitgraph.sh
>
> error message:
> ld.so.1: hobbitgraph.cgi: fatal: librrd.so.0: open failed: No such file
or
> directory
> Killed

OK, that is your problem then. The hobbitgraph.cgi program cannot find
the rrdtool run-time library. You need to setup an LD_LIBRARY_PATH
setting that points to the location of your librrd.so.0 file. E.g if
you have it in /usr/local/lib then add the line

   LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib"

to your ~hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg file.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk