[hobbit] OS client builds PCRE libraries, AIX client from snapshot or beta?

David Gore David.Gore at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Jun 9 04:19:08 CEST 2006

David Gore wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is on client launch.  I can fix this by editing my library path,
> but I was sort of hoping PCRE would not have to be installed on each
> client host, since I will not be able to do that.
>
> ld.so.1: hobbitd_client: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No such
> file or directory
>
> Actually, I am just confused why am I getting this error with the
> latest snapshot?
> Also, I was also wondering if anyone had or could build an AIX client
> for me.  I can compile the code on AIX, but it isn't my machine to
> install PCRE.  Here is the oslevel:  5100-05.  Anyone have a pre-built
> AIX client out there, preferably the latest snapshot, although I don't
> mind waiting for the next production release.
>
> ~David

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

Well, I suppose this is the difference between the client with local
configuration and the client with server configuration.  I suppose I do
not know what that means or what the difference is really.  I couldn't
find it explained in the docs, but it may be in there some where.  It is
explained briefly when you do the configure:

Hobbit normally keeps all of the client configuration files
on the Hobbit server. If you prefer, it is possible to use
a local client configuration file instead - if so, answer
'client' to the next question.
NB: Local configuration requires the PCRE libs on each host.

Server side client configuration, or client side [server] ?

I am still not sure what the difference is, the install seems to install
the same files?

~David