[hobbit] Alternate pageset and noconn ?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jun 2 23:06:59 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 12:07:13PM +0200, Dominique Frise wrote:
> Dominique Frise wrote:
> >>This patch should fix it. It isn't pretty, but it should work.
>
> I think the fix does not cover the case where the same host should appear
> on different pages of an alternate pageset. We have such cases where a
> given host handles different services that should be grouped logically on
> different pages (Databases, Directories, File Sharing, Mail).

I'm sorry, but I don't see how that can be handled correctly with the
way the alternate pagesets are currently built.

I've said on a number of occasions that the alternate pageset handling
needs some serious work; the current setup is just too inflexible and
error-prone. So right now I'll consider this a bug, but one that will
not be fixed for the moment.