[hobbit] GRAPHS syntax

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jun 2 15:39:36 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jun 02, 2006 at 03:25:55PM +0200, Dominique Frise wrote:
>      GRAPHS
>           List of the RRD databases, that should be  shown  as  a
>           graph on the "trends" column.
>

> We noticed the use of two separator (:) like "mrtg::1"
> Can you please describe the use for this.

The double colon is historic, stemming from the BB/LARRD ancestry
of Hobbit.

The "1" is used for graphs where there are multiple files, and Hobbit
should split them up into groups (like "disk" graphs) instead of putting
all of them one big graph. "1" means to put at most "1" graph per
image.

And the reason it isnt documented is because it is likely to change.