Multiple Displays

Paul Moore paul.moore at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Jun 2 06:34:24 CEST 2006

I'm trying to setup a redundant set of servers to be the BBDISPLAYS and a
redundant set of servers to be the BBNET pollers.  I've managed to setup
everything and get it working the way I like except one problem I am having.
I've created several scripts to check various items and send status messages
to the BBDISPLAY using the $BB cmd.

BB="$BBHOME/bin/bb"
BBHOME="/usr/local/hobbit/server"
BBDISP="0.0.0.0"
BBDISPLAYS="172.16.1.50 172.16.2.50"

The cmd I'm running looks like this.
$BB $BBDISP "status $MACHINE.$COLUMN $COLOR $DATE\t$MSG\n\n"`

The result appears that the /bin/bb command will fire off a status but only
to the first BBDISPLAY in the list.  Is there some other way to make it fire
off status to both servers?

Paul
-=-=-=
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
Well, I think so Brain but if Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why does
he keep doing it?