[hobbit] client talks to bbd at 127.0.0.1:1984 ?!

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 23:13:59 CEST 2006

thanks for your efforts, Henrik.  I checked those files. All looks right
except that /var/run/hobbitclient-runtime.cfg is in 0600 mode instead of
0644 on other RHL9 servers.  Once I changed it to 0644, it reported to the
server correctly.
As for the RPM, it is pretty straightforward, the spec file works fine
except
1) tarball needs to be renamed to without - in VERSION for 'rpmbuild'
2) for RHL9, ps command needs to be ps -Aww instead of ps -Aw. The latter
works fine on RHEL4AS, even though the man page of ps says double 'w' to get
unlimited listing. So, I changed it in
/usr/lib/hobbit/client/bin/hobbitclient-linux.sh

wonder if there's enough interests for me to wrap up my post-install fixes
into a RHL and/or CentOS/RHEL4 RPMs