[hobbit] hist files

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 31 16:40:57 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 09:24:49AM -0400, Michael Frey wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> Last Sunday, July 23rd, at approximately 6:00 AM, almost all of my hosts'
> histfiles were cleared, and lost the 'color' status:
>
> Sun Jul 23 06:06:25 2006  1153649185 888
>
> This has caused the History page to fail.

Could you send one of the corrupted files from the data/hist/ directory
to henrik at hswn.dk ? I'd like to see just what this corruption looks
like.

Also, there's a debugging tool included in Hobbit - the lib/availability
utility which is built together with Hobbit, but not installed. Could
you try running this with

   cd hobbit-4.2-beta*/lib
   ./availability ~hobbit/data/hist/myhost.conn 0 `date +%s`

The snippet you've copied above looks like the color text is missing
altogether. That could happen if there's some way that an unknown color
text is passed to the history module ... I'll make sure it doesn't trip
up the history log reporting.