[hobbit] client talks to bbd at 127.0.0.1:1984 ?!

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 18:24:16 CEST 2006

just for kicks, I installed bind-utils package. same results.  I md5sum the
RPM to check with the original, and it matched. I re-installed the package.
same results. am running out of idea here now.
Next, I'll try to trace system calls, to see where it gets the idea to use
localhost instead.
this is freakingly crazy, ahwww