[hobbit] NKedit and Instructions

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jul 21 11:34:40 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 21, 2006 at 11:24:27AM +0200, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> One nice aspect of this is that you have completely de-coupled the
> maintenance of the instructions from Hobbit. If you have a content
> management system for uploading the instructions, you can use that to
> maintain the data. Or any other tool which is appropriate.

Just one thing I'd like to point out; it may be obvious, but still:

Since the <object> data is an independent web page (just embedded into
another page), you can use all of the HTML features in it. So if you
want to let users edit the instructions directly off the status view
page, you can place your instructions in a text edit field of a form,
and have the form submission update the instructions textfile.