[hobbit] Client debugging?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jul 20 23:09:14 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 03:57:01PM -0400, PNIXON at ci.somerville.ma.us wrote:
> Hey all,
>  I'm trying to add a client to hobbit using the hobbit client.
>
>  I ran the configure client, make, and I started the client, but I'm not
> receiving the messages on the hobbit server.

Assuming you're using the 4.2 release candidate, try the "Ghost report"
and see if your client is on the list. If it is, then it is using a
different hostname for its reporting than what you have in the bb-hosts
file.

>  How do I turn on debugging for the client so I can see if it's generating
> any goofy errors?

Just look in the files in the ~hobbit/client/logs/ directory. And check
if there's a ~hobbit/client/tmp/msg.<hostname>.txt file with lots of
info collected by your client script.