[hobbit] Upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jul 20 14:06:20 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 11:49:12AM +0100, Tony Doore wrote:
> I installed 4.1.2p1 <http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/>  vi an rpm package
> this installed with sym links all over the place I notice that 4.2 installs
> all under one dir
> Two questions
> 1.) when is there an rpm due ?
> 2) If no rpm what is the upgrade process ?

The rpm files can be built automatically from the source archive via the
"build/makerpm.sh" script.

I normally don't build .rpm-packages (or .deb-packages for that matter)
for beta-releases. The final 4.2 release will have an RPM package for
the more common versions, and I'm sure others will build packages for
any conceivable version of Linux :-)