[hobbit] clientupdate?

David Gore David.Gore at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Jul 19 23:59:08 CEST 2006

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 01:38:53PM +0000, David Gore wrote:
>
>> What is the status (this release? next release?) of clientupdate to
>> automatically update the client?
>>

> It should be working in the current release (the original RC from
> July 12).
>

>> We read the man page and configured
>> it, hoping it would work.  Obviously, it would save us a lot of time.
>> Here is what we get on the client:
>>
>> tail -f hobbitclient.log
>> 2006-07-19 13:30:59 connect to bbd failed - Connection refused
>> 2006-07-19 13:30:59 Whoops ! bb failed to send message - Connection failed
>> Cannot fetch new client tarfile
>>

> That is odd. Why can't it connect to the Hobbit server? It uses the same
> method of connecting for the client update as it does when sending in
> the client data.
>
> Any signs in the server logs of hobbitd crashing? If yes, do apply the
> current "allinone.patch" to the server and retry this.

No signs of the server crashing.  The server is fine and while
clientupdate is not working the client is fine otherwise all statuses up
to date.

I am currently using the latest snapshot for client and server.
> What does your client-local.cfg file have for this client, and what
> files do you have in the ~hobbit/download/ directory?

It looks something like this:

client-local.cfg:

[client-host]
clientversion:sunos8.v1
file:/opt/app/apache/logs/access.log
log:/opt/app/apache/logs/error.log:10240
log:/var/adm/messages:10240
ignore srsxfer

[hobbit at hobbit download]$ ls
sunos8.v1.tar