[hobbit] apache test cpuload measurements >100%

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 17 11:30:15 CEST 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 02:31:11PM -0400, Tom Georgoulias wrote:
> This morning I was reviewing some of my apache performance trend charts
> and noticed that I've had several occasions where the Apache CPULoad
> measurement recorded in Hobbit is over 100%.  Has anyone else seen this?

Hobbit just grabs the data that Apache reports and stuffs it into the
RRD.

The Apache docs at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_status.html
claims that it is "The current percentage CPU used by each worker and in
total by Apache" which sounds as if it should not be possible for it to
go above 100% (hmm ... guess it depends on how they handle
multi-processer systems).