[hobbit] RRD graphing not showing up

pmalenfa at videotron.ca pmalenfa at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 12 15:51:07 CEST 2006

Hi again,

FYI, I finally found a solution to my problem.  If anyone of you have the
same issue.

Any AIX 5.3 "new" installation were not working properly (RRD Graphs not
workking).  Any servers that were migrated from an earlier version (ex:
AIX migrated from 5.2 to 5.3) where functionnal.  I spent some time
playing with the source of hobbitgraph.cgi and found that the parse of the
query was not working (it only catched the host, all other variables were
not parsed)

At the end, I upgraded rrdtool to latest.  I installed 1.2.13. and
re-compiled Hobbit.  And it started working.  I have no clear
understanding of the cause but this worked out.

Pierre Malenfant

pmalenfa at videotron.ca
2006-06-28 17:58
Please respond to
hobbit at hswn.dk

hobbit at hswn.dk
cc

Subject
[hobbit] RRD graphing not showing up

Hello,
I'm still on this problem.  By testing manually hobbitgraph.sh, I received
the following output:
Does someone have an idea where I should look?
Here is the other details I already sent.
The graphs do not show up on one Hobbit server I installed on AIX. All the
other hobbit servers I installed on AIX 5.2 and 5.3 do work fine. I used
the same procedure for installing Hobbit (same pre-reqs). All the pages
shows up properly but the graphs images are not produced.
The server is on AIX 5.3, running 64 bits kernel. I tried many things
following what I found in the list but without success. Here is what I
tried already:
- Tested manually hobbitgraph.sh, with the Apache user (REQUEST_METHOD,
REQUEST_URI, etc). It return data.
- Recompiled a few times using different options
- I saw the list thread about problems on HPUX and 64 bits compilations.
So I tried recompiling with my server in 32 bits and same problem
- rrd files gets populated and rrdtool dump is working
In my apache error log, I have the following:
Premature end of script headers: /home/hobbit/cgi-bin/hobbitgraph.sh
In my rrd-data.log, I have (I don't think it matters)
Internal error: Duplicate match ignored
Any ideas?
Pierre