Hobbit alerts with qmail failing

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 01:53:50 CEST 2006

On 7/7/06, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Anyone running qmail on hobbit server? I am not receiving alerts but
> web page get updated fine. Here are the related info on my setup
>
> MAIL="sendmail -f user at host.com"

I went ahead and unlink /usr/lib/sendmail from qmail's sendmail and
linked it back to the sendmail's original binary. Then redefined MAIL
to "mailx -r user at host.com -s" to restore the original behavior and at
the same time restricted qmail's smtpd with tcpserver.

I know some people suggest to use postfix for all, but that would be
off topic for this particular goal.