[hobbit] logic dependencies and combined to alerts

brandste at hebis.de brandste at hebis.de
Fri Jan 13 14:24:28 CET 2006

Hi Craig,

thanks for the fast answer.

"route" is a tag which follows "ip name # service"
out of that and the "man explanation" i could form
chains starting with SPF?

  1.1.1.1 SPF #
  1.1.2.1 Switch1 #     route:SPF
  1.1.3.1 Switch2 #     route:SPF
  1.1.3.2 Switch2.1 #   route:SPF,Switch2
  1.1.3.3 Switch2.2 #   route:SPF,Switch2
  1.1.3.4 Switch2.2.1 # route:SPF,Switch2,Switch2.2
  1.1.4.1 Switch3 #     route:SPF

Will this work?
In the man page is qouted that the
  --ping
option has to be used somewhere...
is --ping the default or do i need do recompile?

This would be a possible workaround...but not a real
satisfying state, cause status is changed to yellow
and not "clear" on failingchains.

Best
  Mathias

In message <40A2891842052B40BF0AD6E6A83A9FA002324AA0 at svr-gbn-exc-02.mgc.mentorg