Multiple hostnames - CLIENT:hostname

Rolf Schrittenlocher Schrittenlocher at rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Jan 9 13:37:59 CET 2006

Hi,

we are using virtual hostnames which are often transferred from one
machine to another. So database.server and web.server might be hosted
today on machine A and tomorrow on machine B. One machine can have
several virtual hosts, each of them related to a service. We want hobbit
to present all common data (like ssh, conn) for all these hosts
($hostname and virtual hosts A and B) and we want the client to send
data to the server using specific hostnames (e.g hostname xxx for
external script A and hostname yyy for external script B).
How do I change the client's name before sending a message by an
external script?
How can common data be presented for several hosts? I've seen the
possibility to add "CLIENT:hostname" to bb-hosts. But I think that is
not what we need. We don't want to change the hostname, but to present
the same data send by a client by different names (more than one).

Thanks for your help!
kind regards
Rolf

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel: (49) 69 - 798 28908   Fax: (49) 69 798 2881
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de
Persoenlich: schritte at rz.uni-frankfurt.de