Alerting and regular expression

James B Horwath JamesHorwath at glic.com
Fri Jan 6 16:47:40 CET 2006

I am converting from BB to Hobbit, Hobbit is a really nice piece of code.

I am in the process of converting my rule set from BB to Hobbit and have a
couple of questions.

I have found if I try to define this:

$FOO_HOST=%*myhost

I receive an error message because I start with a '*'.  I haven't found
the magic to escape this.  As a work-around I did this:
$FOO_HOST=%[a-zA-Z0-9]*myhost

I have several rulesets based on business needs, and I was hoping to have
a default rule to catch anything which does not match business specific
rules at the top.  Something similar to this:

$ALL_HOSTS=%[a-zA-Z0-9]*

Using the hobbit_alert directive I have found that hosts can match on
multiple rule sets.  So if I have a server defined in rule set one, it
will match in rule set one and then fall down to my default rule and match
there also.  Is there a way to specify to stop rule searching once a match
is found?

Does anyone have any experience to impart on how they do multiple rules.

Thanks in advance,
Jim

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that
is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If
immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments.  Thank you.