[hobbit] Help: Trying to use the NCV functionality of hobbit

Wild, Phil Phil.Wild at asgardwealthsolutions.com.au
Thu Jan 5 08:32:12 CET 2006

Thanks for this but something is still not right.

I have made the change to the env variable as suggested (see extract
from hobbitserver.cfg below)

NCV_pro4="DEV:GAUGE,RUN:GAUGE"
TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tc
p,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sen
dmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy
,hobbitd,pro4=ncv"

# This defines which RRD files to include on the "trends" column
webpage,
# and the order in which they appear.
GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,tcp.http,tcp,nets
tat,mrtg::1,temperature,ntpstat,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,socks,bea,iis
health,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,pro4,ncv"

I removed the existing rrd file then restarted hobbit (did a stop, wait
10 seconds then start).

I waited for the client tos end data and checked that an RRD file was
generated. The rrd file still only has one of the columns (DEV - see
below).

Is there perhaps something wrong with my collected data:

green Wed Jan  4 13:16:08 WST 2006
DEV :       39
RUN :       18

Cheers and thanks

Phil

/usr/local/rrdtool/bin/rrdtool dump
../../data/rrd/peruxas5.sealcorp.com.au/pro4.rrd | head -50
<!-- Round Robin Database Dump -->
<rrd>
	<version> 0003 </version>
	<step> 300 </step> <!-- Seconds -->
	<lastupdate> 1136445962 </lastupdate> <!-- 2006-01-05 15:26:02
WST -->

	<ds>
		<name> DEV </name>
		<type> GAUGE </type>
		<minimal_heartbeat> 600 </minimal_heartbeat>
		<min> 0.0000000000e+00 </min>
		<max> NaN </max>

		<!-- PDP Status -->
		<last_ds> UNKN </last_ds>