[hobbit] Devmon : a bbxsnmp.pl & routermon replacement

Dan Vande More bigdan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 22:38:08 CET 2006

Amazing. I was just ruminating this morning about the sad shape of
bb-xsnmp and how it wasn't integrated very well, didn't thread, and
ill-maintaned. I especially like the idea of clusting it, though I'm
not prepared to do that just yet. I do however, have tens of thousands
of devices to monitor, so the potential exists for me to use it.

Anyway, I'm diving into it as we speak, unfortunately, you don't have
templates for any of my devices (Foundry serverirons, cisco 7609s,
Ironport C600s, etc) so it's gonna take some work:)

Thanks for this promising add-on.

-Dan

p.s. It didn't make the /var/run/devmon/ dir by default.