[hobbit] Alerts as .dat attachments

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Feb 14 22:04:10 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 11:35:38AM -0800, Kimberly McKinnis wrote:
> Perhaps someone can help me shed some light on this. I'm receiving some
> red alerts as .dat attachments. Is this normal behavior?
[snip]
> Is this a default behavior I didn't know about? It doesn't seem to be
> consistent. I've looked through the online page about configuring
> alerts. Perhaps I've missed something in my alerts.cfg. Thanks!

You need to look at your local mail setup. Hobbit only generates a
text file with the URL for the status page; this is then handed off
to the "mail" utility installed on the Hobbit server. How that tool
formats the e-mail - possible with different MIME codings etc. -
is beyond Hobbit's control.