[hobbit] help - still problems to see rrd graph

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 10 23:09:53 CET 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:27:56PM +0100, Marco Avvisano wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i try to reinstall libpng 1.2.8, zlib 1.2.3, rrdtool 1.2.12
> and hobbit hobbit-4.1.2p1.
>
> All work fine, but always i can't see graphs.
>
> When i try to see the immage i see this error message:

> COMMENT:Updated: 09-Feb-2006 13:23:40

Could you try and compare your etc/hobbitgraph.cfg file with the
one distributed in Hobbit 4.1.2p1 ? (It's in the hobbitd/etcfiles/
directory).

The 1.2.x versions of rrdtool is very picky about colon's needing
a backslash escape-char (1.0.x doesn't care). I seem to recall the
some of the earlier versions of hobbitgraph.cfg did not have all
of these escapes setup correctly.

Unless you've added some custom graph definitions, it's probably
easiest to just copy the current hobbitgraph.cfg to your installed
~hobbit/server/etc/ directory.