[hobbit] Premature end of script headers: bb-hostsvc.sh, referer: ...

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Feb 10 15:08:42 CET 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 01:36:34PM -0500, Camp, Neil D. (ManTech) CTR wrote:
> I have tried running it from the command line with no go. And now I am
> convinced that it is not apache. I can run a whole lot of other cgi's
> like the avail report and the event log report, but just not the
> bb-hostsvc.sh. It just makes no sense that mostly everything else works,
> but that...

Could it be runtime libraries that cannot be found when you run it via
CGI ? Wouldn't be the first time that happened.

The hobbitsvc.cgi program needs the PCRE runtime library. Where do you
have that installed ? Look for libpcre3.so* ...

In the bb-hostsvc.sh put

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/directory/with/libpcre3*.so*/
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

before the call to hobbitsvc.cgi .