problem with the latest snapshot

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 18:19:26 CET 2006

hi, there,

I downloaded the latest snapshot (
http://www.hswn.dk/beta/hobbit-snapshot.tar.gz ). It buit just fine as RPM
on a up-2-date CentOS 4.4 test server, using the included hobbit.spec.
Once I updated the server and a CentOS 4 (also up-2-date CentOS 4.4) client,
however, I got a lot of 'purple' for the client and for the Hobbit server
itself. ~hobbit/client/logs/hobbitclient.log on both server and the client
claims the following:
2006-12-20 11:57:43 connect to bbd failed - No such file or directory
2006-12-20 11:57:43 Whoops ! bb failed to send message - Connection failed

tcpdumping on the server and client showed no attempts to send any packets
to 1984 port. manual connecting to server's 1984/tcp port works just fine
from the client. Plus the client piece on the Hobbit server experienced the
same problem, I don't think this is a networking issue.