[hobbit] Configuration database backend.

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Dec 8 22:58:27 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 10:26:34PM +0100, Stef Coene wrote:
> On Friday 08 December 2006 21:45, Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> > If it was running a Hobbit client, it should have saved the latest
> > client message before it crashed, including the "ps" listing.
> It saves the status when there is a change in the status.  But I didn't had a
> proc monitor defined, so the status is white all the time.  Even during the
> memory problem.  So when the box was rebooted, the status was overwritten :(

Even though the "proc" status doesn't change, the "memory" status would
change. And a status that goes red triggers saving the full, raw client
data (if you have the [hostdata] task enabled and you're running Hobbit
4.2.0).

If the memory status did go red, and you go to the detailed historical
memory status webpage, you should find a "Client data" link at the
bottom of the page - this is the data saved from when the memory status
went red.

> What do you prefer?  That I send you my information or that I update my "own"
> wiki?  (I installed twiki some weeks ago and already created a hobbit web).
> I don't mind putting this twiki open for everybody so everyone can
> contribute.

Putting it on a Wiki is probably more efficient than having it go via
me. There is a Hobbit wiki somewhere already, but I don't mind linking
to wherever you decide to make the docs available.