[hobbit] Configuration database backend.

Ulric Eriksson ulric at siag.nu
Fri Dec 8 08:26:25 CET 2006

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Buchan Milne wrote:

> This approach would probably mean that Hobbit is dependant on
> one of those flaky things it is supposed to monitor, or in the
> case of a power outage, one of those things that might not
> start up ...

Our Windows client Mr Big pulls its configuration from a simple
daemon called minicfg. It caches the configuration locally, so if
minicfg is unavailable it simply uses the local copy.

Most clients can use this as their only configuration:

.config 10.0.4.5 27016

http://extranet.365-24.se/MrBig/

Ulric