[hobbit] Number of hobbit user community

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Dec 1 23:05:02 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 12:55:45PM -0600, T.J. Yang wrote:
> >From R1 we know see a number about users on bb mailing list about 2000
>
> Henrik, can you to some grep,sort and wc to find out how big is the hb
> users community ?

415 subscribers to the mailing list currently, and another 100 that are
only on the announce-list. Total of 513.

It is also interesting that there have been about 1200 downloads of
Hobbit from Sourceforge every month since April:
http://sourceforge.net/project/stats/detail.php?group_id=128058&ugn=hobbitmon&type=prdownload&mode=year&year=2006&package_id=140220
There were over 2000 downloads in August, but that was probably due to
the release of Hobbit 4.2.0.

I dont think that each and every one of the 500 subscribers to the mailing
lists go and fetch a fresh copy of Hobbit every two weeks. So the
community of Hobbit users is probably somewhere into a few thousand people.

(Which, by the way, is a lot more than I had ever anticipated :-))