[hobbit] uptime column

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Aug 31 23:05:13 CEST 2006

On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 10:58:37PM +0200, Etienne Grignon wrote:

> I think putting uptime alert in the cpu column was inherited from big
> brother so may be it could be changed depending the agreement of
> Henrik and hobbit users.
>
> Henrik, what do you think about that ?

I think it's a good idea. The "cpu" column really is a bit overloaded;
it tracks cpu utilisation, it tracks reboots, and with the hobbit
client it also warns if the system clock goes astray.

However, the display can get a bit crowded with all of the things we
monitor now. So I'm thinking that maybe it would be nice to also
implement a kind of status column which is only visible when it isn't
green - or perhaps until it's been green for some time. The "reboot"
status would be a prime candidate for such a status - you normally dont
care about it, but when it happens you might want to be made aware of
it.

Another way of getting the display less crowded would be to have
"collapsible" columns, i.e. several statuses would be collapsed into a
single red/green/yellow "dot" on the webpage.

Just some ideas.