[hobbit] Feature request: better default navigation experience

Larry Barber lebarber at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 22:27:37 CEST 2006

Its pretty easy to put something like this in to the menuing system that is
included with hobbit. You just have to modify the
server/www/menu/menu_items.js file. Here's a sample from mine:

var MENU_ITEMS = [
    ['Views', null, null,
        ['Main view', '/hobbit/bb.html', null,
            ['APHIS', '/hobbit/APHIS', null,
                ['AQAS', '/hobbit/APHIS/AQAS'],
                ['ALBES', '/hobbit/APHIS/ALBES'],
                ['EPermits', '/hobbit/APHIS/EPERMITS'],
                ['NAIS', '/hobbit/APHIS/NAIS'],
                ['PCIT', '/hobbit/APHIS/PCIT'],
            ],
            ['CEE', '/hobbit/CEE'],
            ['CENS', '/hobbit/CENS'],
            ['CMITS', '/hobbit/CMITS'],
            ['CPAIS', '/hobbit/CPAIS'],
            ['Dept. of Labor', '/hobbit/DOL'],
            ['Environment', '/hobbit/ENV'],
            ['ESS', '/hobbit/ESS', null,
                ['Active Directory', '/hobbit/ESS/ACT_DIR'],
                ['AMS', '/hobbit/ESS/AMS',null,
                    ['PreProduction', '/hobbit/ESS/AMS/AMS_PREPROD'],
                    ['Production', '/hobbit/ESS/AMS/AMS_PROD'],
.... and on and on for a few hundred lines.

Thanks,
Larry Barber