[hobbit] Attack of the purple port

Jeff Newman jeffnewman75 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 20:26:52 CEST 2006

> Yellow "hobbitd" status points to either hobbitd just being restarted,
> or some errormessages logged at the bottom of the hobbitd status
> display. If the latter, what are those messages ? (They should be in
> the hobbitd.log file also).

you were right, hobbitd was yellow because I had restarted it. It's
green now, but ports is still purple.

> If you view any status for the Hobbit server, there should be a "Client
> data" link at the bottom of the page. If you click on that link, is
> there a section beginning with "[ports]" ? If not, the client logfile is
> probably the best place to start troubleshooting it (the
> "hobbitclient.log" in the Hobbit logs directory).

Looking at "client data" link, there is no section beginning with "[ports]"
I stopped the hobbit server, no hobbit processes running, then emptied
hobbitclient.log, and restarted hobbit (so I can get a fresh view of
hobbitclient.log)
and waited ~15 minutes, and saw nothing show up in hobbitclient.log.
Just so it's noted, /var/log/hobbit/hobbitclient.log is owned and
writeable by hobbit, and other log files are being updated.

I also noticed that in /usr/local/hobbit/data/rrd/<server> there is no
ports.rrd file
hobbitd_client is running.

help! :-) I'll try rebooting the server. Nope, that didn't fix it....

-Jeff